Story of Hope: Juan | Guatemala
Feeding kids | Feeding spirits | Empowering communities
At 70 years old, Juan’s life has been a testament to hard work and unwavering determination. He has spent his years tending the land, cultivating corn, beans, chili and rice. He is in the field by 6 a.m. every day — but agriculture is a challenge in this part of Guatemala. Unpredictable and extreme weather have often wreaked havoc on his crops, leaving his family hungry — including two young granddaughters.
FMSC partner Cross Catholic Outreach provides Juan with MannaPack® meals to keep his family fed — no matter the weather.
FMSC Stories of Hope are an amazing way to share your deep love and compassion with those you love.
It’s simple to donate:
- Choose your favorite FMSC story.
- Pick a donation amount from the drop-down menu.
- Donate that amount to FMSC (your purchase goes straight to FMSC and feeds starving kids worldwide!).
- Once your online donation is completed, you’ll receive an email with a link to download a PDF version of the story. NOTE: you will not receive a physical card.
- Choose to print the story and personalize, or forward the email.
- Give the story to your loved one to share how you gave in their honor.
- Select another story…and repeat!
Each FMSC meal costs just 29 cents. Every dollar you give is tax-deductible, funds lifesaving FMSC meals, and makes a significant difference.
Thank you for being God’s hands and feet.
Note: Once your online donation is completed, you’ll receive an email with a link to download a PDF version of the story. You will not receive a physical card.