Story of Hope: Florence | Uganda
Feeding kids | Feeding spirits | Empowering communitiesFlorence fled with her six children from their abusive father. Neighbors in her village of Rakai helped her build a shelter made of mud and sticks. Her youngest children were sick.
The doctor told her they had tuberculosis and she needed to take them to the capital city of Kampala or they would die. A trip like that – over 100 miles – was impossible. Florence had no money and had never left Rakai. The clinic charged her $30 and sent her went home.
Neighbors told FMSC partner, African Children Today (ACT), about the family and they took them tarps for the roof, clean dry bedding and lifesaving MannaPack™ meals.
Within two weeks of a dry, warm environment and nourishing meals, the children began to grow healthy and strong.
FMSC Stories of Hope are an amazing way to share your deep love and compassion with those you love.
It’s simple to donate:
- Choose your favorite FMSC story.
- Pick a donation amount from the drop-down menu.
- Donate that amount to FMSC (your purchase goes straight to FMSC and feeds starving kids worldwide!).
- Once your online donation is completed, you’ll receive an email with a link to download a PDF version of the story. NOTE: you will not receive a physical card.
- Choose to print the story and personalize, or forward the email.
- Give the story to your loved one to share how you gave in their honor.
- Select another story…and repeat!
Each FMSC meal costs less than a quarter. Every dollar you give is tax-deductible, funds lifesaving FMSC meals, and makes a significant difference.
Thank you for being God’s hands and feet.
Note: Once your online donation is completed, you’ll receive an email with a link to download a PDF version of the story. You will not receive a physical card.
We Also Recommend