Story Card - Dominican Republic: Rosa
Feeding kids | Feeding spirits | Empowering communities
Rosa remembers watching her older sister get married at 13. And she wasn’t the only one. In the tiny sugarcane harvesting community of Batey 106, Rosa has seen girls as young as 12 get married and have babies.
“This caused a lot of problems,” Rosa said. “They knew that was the only way they could find what they were looking for and be taken care of.”
But it’s different now. FMSC’s Project Based Food Assistance (PBFA) program has transformed Batey 106 and brought hope to their community.
“[PBFA] has done a big thing for the females of this community,” she said. “Now there’s a mentality with the young girls that there is more.”
As a mom of three girls, Rosa dreams her daughters will achieve what she wasn’t able to. Because you provide food and support, she knows they will have that opportunity. Hope is greater because of you.
FMSC story cards are an amazing way to share your deep love and compassion with those you love this Christmas.
It’s simple to donate:
- Choose your favorite FMSC story.
- Pick a donation amount from the drop-down menu.
- Donate that amount to FMSC (your purchase goes straight to FMSC and feeds starving kids worldwide!).
- Once your online donation is completed, you’ll receive an email with a link to download a PDF version of the story card. NOTE: you will not receive a physical card.
- Choose to print the card and personalize, or forward the email.
- Give the card to your loved one to share how you gave in their honor.
- Select another card…and repeat!
Each FMSC meal costs less than a quarter. Every dollar you give is tax-deductible, funds lifesaving FMSC meals, and makes a significant difference.
Thank you for being God’s hands and feet this Christmas.
We Also Recommend