Story of Hope: Yvenel | Haiti
Feeding kids | Feeding spirits | Empowering communitiesYvenel’s mother carried him on her back to a program hosted by Feed My Starving Children partner Children’s Relief Fund. “He does not walk,” she said, “but he wants to learn.”
The 12-year-old was born with cerebral palsy. He had never been in a classroom, never sat with his peers. In Haiti, few schools will make accommodations for children with disabilities.
Yvenel’s struggles went beyond his education and disease. His discolored hair and small frame signaled malnutrition.
“I do my best to feed him bread in the morning and dinner at night, but it is not enough to satisfy him,” his mother told Children’s Relief Fund.
When Yvenel joined Children’s Relief Fund’s program, he clapped. “I will get to eat yummy food! And you can teach me to read!”
Now, Yvenel receives nourishing MannaPack™ meals. His hair has regained its pigment, and his clothes have begun to fit. And now, he has the energy to learn. In just three weeks, he has mastered the English alphabet. Soon, he will learn to sound out words.
FMSC Stories of Hope are an amazing way to share your deep love and compassion with those you love.
It’s simple to donate:
- Choose your favorite FMSC story.
- Pick a donation amount from the drop-down menu.
- Donate that amount to FMSC (your purchase goes straight to FMSC and feeds starving kids worldwide!).
- Once your online donation is completed, you’ll receive an email with a link to download a PDF version of the story. NOTE: you will not receive a physical card.
- Choose to print the story and personalize, or forward the email.
- Give the story to your loved one to share how you gave in their honor.
- Select another story…and repeat!
Each FMSC meal costs less than a quarter. Every dollar you give is tax-deductible, funds lifesaving FMSC meals, and makes a significant difference.
Thank you for being God’s hands and feet.
Note: Once your online donation is completed, you’ll receive an email with a link to download a PDF version of the story. You will not receive a physical card.
We Also Recommend